Tuesday 18 November 2014

Lingaa (Music) - Where Madhan Karky did a Vaali



Lingaa, another album from ARR this year. This time the legendary RRR combo is back and as usual my expectation was high. After hearing plenty of times, which was required for any ARR album, here goes my thoughts on the songs.

1. Oh Nanba - Yet another opening song for Rajni film sung by our evergreen SPB along with Aryan Dinesh. Unlike other opening songs I can't hear the lyrics clearly which will be one important asset of Rajni's opening song. Didn't like much. :(

2. Indiane Vaa - Finally ARR has sung a song in his album this year. This is not as good as other which he has sung, but nevertheless it was okay. :|

3. Unmai Oru Naal - Haricharan, who has become a must in ARR's album has sung this pathos one. Nothing to say more about this song. Didn't like much. :(

4. En Mannava - A duet sung well by Aditi Paul and Srinivas, but it reminds me of some other old song whenever I hear this. I couldn't clearly place to which one. Liked this song a bit more than the previous three songs. :)

5. Mona Gasolina - Finally ARR arrives with a bang, literally, with this song. Sung by Mano, Tanvi and Neeti, this song is just out of the world. Instantly likable, catchy lyrics and extraordinary arrangements by ARR make this as an addictive material. This is the only song written by Madhan Karky I feel he did a Vaali. Whenever Vairamuthu writes all the serious lyrics in a film Vaali always puts his funny and quirky lyrics in the same album. This song also starts with M like most of the songs Vaali wrote for ARR which he revealed in one interview. I really like to see the making of this song like Kolaveri's making I am sure Mano really enjoyed singing and had a blast while recording.  And, the video also going to rock I guess going the released teaser, looks like KSR's version of Athiradi song from Sivaji. Thousand likes for this song. :))

This should be the weakest ARR album to be released this year. Kaaviyathalaivan was his best, followed by I. Anyway, three albums from ARR in a year is really wonderful.

This album is like Sachin scoring a 70 in a game and we were still like didn't make a hundred a? Expecting too much ARR always because of the benchmark he has set for himself.

1 comment:

  1. I had the same feeling after I heard the album for the first time, except for the Indiane vaa song which I liked it better than en mannava, purely my opinion. I couldn't agree more about the overall rating, this is very ordinary stuff for a person like ARR..

    ReplyDelete