Tuesday 24 November 2015

Abbayitho Ammayi Songs - நேற்று இல்லை நாளை இல்லை எப்பவும் நீ ராஜா

Abbayatho Ammayi - I have no idea about the hero or heroine or the director or even the meaning of this title. Only thing I know is it has Raja sir’s music. I know it's too much to write about the songs which you don't even understand, but still it's Raja sir’s songs. I really really loved this album so thought I would share about it.



Kanulu Kalanu Piliche - The first song I heard in this album and liked it the very moment. Haricharan and Chinmayi’s voice are so pleasant and has maestro's stamp all over this. Even though the language is so distant, but the song felt very close to me. It may be because of the tune or the singers. It's my pick of this album. Couldn't stop hearing this song and I really wish I understand the lyrics.

Reena Macareena - Wow, a very modern un-illayarajaish song, spirited singing from Piyush Kapur makes you tap your feet with the beat of this song. 

Edhuru Choosthunna - Another wonderful melody in this album. The song starts with some guitar and followed by violin. A typical Raja song sung by Vibhavari, As usual the orchestration in the interludes and preludes reminds vintage Ilayaraja.

Maatallo Cheppaleni - Karthik have sung this or breezes through this pleasant song. Enna voice da. He can even make gibberish sound wonderful and here he got another fantastic song in Raja sir music. Magic written all over.

Tholi Paruvam - Another wonderful duet after Kanula Kalanu with bit more pace in this song. Once again Raja sir's magic work with the strings of violins. Another pick of the album. And, both the singers really rocked it.

Okkasari O Vayyari - Rap portion in a Raja sir's song. This is really surprising, I wonder whether I have heard rap portions in Raja sir’s songs before and it is too good as well. And, the rap portions sound like Blazee, if I am correct.

Saradale - In Rudramadevi, three singers have sung a wonderful Andhapuramlo here four singers in this fun song and fantastic collaboration resulting another exiting song in this album.

Title songs - Short and slightly underwhelming compared to other songs, both versions are almost similar except for the singers here.

My favourites - Kanulu Kalanu Piliche, Tholi Paruvam, Maatallo Cheppaleni, Endhuru Choosthunna, Saradale. But, couldn't ignore Reena and Okkasari as well. Totally this album have become my favourite, now waiting for the movie. I hope they release with subtitles.

A fantastic romantic album post Neethane En Ponvasantham, even better then Megha from the veteran. I wish they have made this a bilingual so that the songs could have been released in Tamil as well. Isaignani Ilayaraja and his melodies works wonders even if it's in a language which I doesn't understand. Now eagerly waiting for  Raja sir's 1000th movie Tharai Thapattai.

As the caption of this film says, let's (hear the songs and) fall in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment