Monday 24 February 2014

F.R.I.E.N.D.S - Why does it END?


Chandler, Rachel, Ross, Monica, Joey and Phoebe

F.R.I.E.N.D.S, my favorite and best sitcom among the few I have seen so far. This is not a review of that sitcom, it's just how I feel about it. It was one of my friends who started watching these series and sitcoms in our gang and now he successfully made everyone to watch any one series. I was very reluctant to watch Friends at first. Two of my friends will  be discussion about each and every character and episodes and I was like living in a different world altogether. These two guys were irritating me so much and just because I am getting irritated they started to talk about it so much.

Finally when I was "vetti" for two months before joining this new job in Chennai I started watching Friends, it was last February. I was not much interested initially, but there was quite a few laughs. It was from the 5th episode of season one I started enjoying it more. I still remember that episode, it was hilarious. Then, minimum of two episodes a day become my routine.

I continued it after moving to Chennai. I will be laughing alone with my headphones on every night and my new roommates were looking at me differently. On weekends used to watch until two or three am and will be trying hard to control my laugh so that I won't wake up any of my roommates.

The main six characters Joey, Chandler, Ross, Rachel, Monica and Phoebe they appear in every single episodes in all 10 seasons. My favorite character was Chandler in the beginning, one who makes jokes when he gets uncomfortable. Then, after few seasons it was "How you doin" Joey, he was the funniest character of the show. Among the girls it has to be Rachel even though Monica looked pretty initially. "Divorce" Ross was constantly funny in all the seasons. Phoebe, who looks like out of mind in every episodes with her singing of "Smelly Cats", my least favorite character of the show. Ross and Rachel are examples for on-off relationship. I can write a separate post on each one of them.

There wasn't any serious storyline, it just goes as if watching six people's daily life. I lost count on number of people Monica and Joey dated. To write 236 episodes with these characters and still make it interesting was really great. Hats off to its creators David Crane and Marta Kauffman. It was a brilliant sitcom with so much of comedy in each and every episode. And, there will be guest appearances by many stars like Van Damme, Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Bruce Willis, etc., in every season.

It was a fantastic time pass for me. It can relax my mind from whatever mood. Don't miss this sitcom, I guarantee it's a best time pass. An episode a day can keep worries away :). I won't say I miss them since it's ended so long ago and I can see them whenever I wish to. I just wish there were few more seasons. Always wonder why does it end? But, all good things must come to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment